Dear Friends of Lake Attitash:
Our last message asked you to attend the April 2 meeting of the Amesbury Conservation Commission when Rob Desmarais / Amesbury was requesting the permit to apply the Alum treatment to the lake. The Merrimac Conservation Commission had already approved the request and now the City of Amesbury is seeking approval from the Amesbury Conservation Commission.
On April 2, after a lengthy discussion which concluded at 10.30 pm, the Amesbury Conservation Commission “continued” the discussion and decision until their next meeting which is May 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm at City Hall, Amesbury.
The board members who could attend the April 2 meeting (several of us were out of state) noted that there was not a noticeable show of support from Lake Attitash members in the room. We ask that you make the effort to attend the May 7 meeting. Your presence is a very important show of support and is noted by the Commissioners.
Yes….the City of Amesbury has to get approval from the Amesbury Conservation Commission if we are going to be able to benefit from the $600,000 that has been put aside and awarded for the alum treatment.
At this time, no agenda has yet been posted on line. Please check the Amesbury website for more information as the meeting date gets closer. Amesbury Conservation Commission