Dear friends of Lake Attitash,
We need $25,000 for next summer’s invasive weed treatment!
We have had a great summer on the lake. Protecting the water quality of the lake and managing the invasive weeds takes work, dedication, expertise and MONEY!
The LAA has not launched a major fund raising campaign since 2017 when we raised $50,000 for the Alum grant to combat the blue-green algae. Since then we have managed to pay for the much needed annual weed management through the donations that come in regularly from our board members and good friends of Lake Attitash. We are running down on funds and need a major boost to pay for next year’s weed management.
Why do we need money now?
- Our funds are low.
- We have seen heavy regrowth of variable milfoil in Back River.
- We do not want this plant to reach the main body of the lake. Think about how Meadowbrook and Tuxbury look!
- We treat with Diquat every year and it works well on Eurasian milfoil and Curly Leaf Pondweed which is so prevalent along the northern shoreline. It does not work as well for the Variable milfoil.
- There is a new herbicide called ProcellaCOR which works very well with Variable Milfoil. It is a safer and longer lasting herbicide. But…it is much more expensive.
Click here to DONATE NOW
This is the plan!
Next year, we hope to use ProcellaCOR to treat the Variable Milfoil in Back River and Diquat to treat the Curly Leaf Pondweed and Eurasian Milfoil along the north shore into the dam cove. The projected cost will be $25,000.
We need to raise $25,000 between now and next summer!
Mail your check to Lake Attitash Association, PO Box # 503, Amesbury, MA 01913
Click here to DONATE NOW using PayPal or a credit card. All donors will receive a tax deductible donation receipt.
“We are OFFICIALLY now a registered non-profit on Facebook meaning we can now receive donations directly through Facebook and Facebook pays all the processing fees for you, so 100% of your donation goes directly to the lake! Check out our new “Donate” button on our Facebook page! Click HERE to go to Facebook / Donate.
These are all great ways to donate and we encourage you to use whichever avenue is easiest for you to help us get to our goal by next summer!” Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
Please note that if you plan to take an RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) in 2021, your 2021 donation to LAA can be made without having to pay taxes on that amount. Click HERE for more information (RMD).
Please be generous. This is not a remote or distant need. This is your back yard! Your enjoyment of your lake depends on our ability to protect the lake. We all need to step up and give what we can, as much as we can…for our own enjoyment!
We will thank you for your donation with a gift:
- Friend: $10 – $49 gets 1 LAA logo koozie (See below)
- BFF: $50 – $99 gets 2 LAA logo koozies
- Supporter: $100 – $299 gets 2 LAA logo koozies + 1 Lake Attitash wine tumbler (See below)
- Protector: $ 300 – $499 gets 2 LAA logo koozies + 2 Lake Attitash wine tumblers
- Hero: $500 – $999 gets 2 LAA logo koozies + 2 Lake Attitash wine tumblers + 11 x 14 photo of your choice in the Art for Sale section on the website homepage.
- Superhero: $1000 or more gets you a $50 Gift Certificate to a local business of your choice.
If you do not wish to receive a gift, please write that in the Notes section of the Paypal checkout form, or as a note included if you pay by check.