You can help improve water quality!
Individuals around the lake and in the watershed (areas that eventually drain into the lake) can do a lot to help improve the water quality in the lake and reduce the amounts of weeds and algae. You can also help by politely educating your neighbors and visitors about how to improve and protect the lake.
Much has been published on the subject of lake water quality, and you might be surprised about how activities near the lake can affect it. Here are some links to information that can make you a better neighbor to Lake Attitash:
- General tips about pollution sources (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
- Living lake smart (Lake Attitash Association)
- You can help improve Lake Attitash water quality (Lake Attitash Association)
- Using care with lawn fertilizers (Mass. DEP)
- Landscaping to improve water quality (Mass. DEP)
- Buffer gardens and native plants (Lake Attitash Association)
- Reduce pet waste pollution (Mass. DEP)
- How car washing affects water quality (Mass. DEP)
- Why you should fix your car’s oil leaks (Mass. DEP)